**PLEASE NOTE THAT THE PROCESS BELOW IS ONLY AVAILABLE FOR THOSE OFFICIALS WHOSE 2020 CERTIFICATION WAS DONE THROUGH SOUTH CAROLINA. IF YOU CAME TO SC DURING 2020, YOU NEED TO RECERTIFY FOR 2021 THROUGH YOUR PREVIOUS STATE. YOU WILL THEN HAVE YOUR RESPECTIVE SRA SEND A LETTER OF GOOD STANDING TO SOUTH CAROLINA TO BE ABLE TO OFFICIATE.**
The South Carolina Referee Committee in conjunction with US Soccer has decided not to charge any registration or clinic fees for those officials recertifying for 2021 who were registered in South Carolina as of July 1, 2020. (The cost of a background check ($30), which is required for those officials 18 years and older, will still be due and is paid directly to the National Center for Safety Initiatives).
Referee registration in South Carolina has moved to a new system. Please follow these instructions closely so that your recertification is completed accurately and can be processed quickly. During this process, DO NOT make any payments other than the $30 background check. Any payments made other than the $30 will NOT be refunded.
Google Chrome is the recommended computer web browser to complete the below procedures. DO NOT attempt to complete this on a mobile device.
SETTING UP A LEARNING CENTER PROFILE
The first step in recertification is to create a profile in the US Soccer Digital Learning Center.
**NOTE: If you have already created a profile in the Digital Learning Center, you can skip steps 2-6 and simply log into the system. This pertains primarily to those who certified as a NEW referee after Aug. 31, 2019.**
If you have questions, please visit this FAQ for creating a profile.
- Navigate to learning.ussoccer.com/referee
- Click Sign Up in the top right hand corner
- Complete the registration information. The system will automatically work to match you with your previous licenses. The system uses first name, last name and birthdate to make this match. It is imperative that these are accurately entered.
- Once all information is entered, click Sign Up at the bottom.
- If a match is made to records in the system (which there should be if all information is entered correctly) a pop-up will appear. Click Confirm. Another pop-up will appear confirming your legacy data, you can then click Continue to my User Profile Page.
- You will now be on your personal profile page and can now begin completing the recertification requirements below.
If the system can not automatically match your information to a profile, the system will guide you through additional steps to try and match your information. Further details on these steps can be found here.
After going through the additional steps, if the system can not match your profile, you will need to request that US Soccer manually merge your accounts. You will receive a confirmation email once the merge has been completed. You will need to wait until you receive confirmation that the profiles have been merged to begin work on the items below.
Below are the required components to 2021 recertification. Detailed instructions on completing the below requirements can be found here. Follow the instructions in the PDF, DO NOT attempt to navigate the below requirements alone.
- Background Screening (18 years or older) – pages 1-10 of document
- SafeSport (18 years or older) – pages 11-16 of document
- Introduction to Safe and Healthy Playing Environments – page 17 of document
- 2020-21 Laws of the Game Update – page 17 of document
- Google Completion Form (SEE BELOW)
All of the above requirements will be completed in the US Soccer Learning Center.
Upon completion of ALL requirements, you must complete the Google Form below. Your registration will not be processed, no badge will be mailed and you will NOT be able to officiate without completing this form.
If you have questions while completing this process, please first consult the US Soccer FAQ page here. If you are unable to locate the answer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.