The below procedures for receritifcation apply ONLY to those officials who are not already certified for 2021 and held a certification in 2020 and/or 2019.
IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A 2021 BADGE THEN YOU DID NOT RECERTIFY FOR 2021!
DO NOT USE THIS PROCEDURE IF YOU ARE ALREADY CERTIFIED FOR 2021!
Chrome is the recommended computer web browser to complete the below procedures. DO NOT attempt to complete this on a mobile device.
If you have questions, please visit this FAQ for creating a profile.
- Navigate to learning.ussoccer.com/referee
- Click Sign Up in the top right hand corner
- Complete the registration information. The system will automatically attempt to match you with your previous licenses. The system uses first name, last name and birthdate to make this match so ensure all of these are accurately typed.
3a. Ensure your address is entered correctly. This address is where your badge(s) will be mailed. If it is done incorrectly and your badge is returned, you will be required to pay $5 for a replacement.
- Once all information is entered, click Sign Up at the bottom
- After completing registration, hover over Courses at the top and select Available Courses
- Click Grassroots-Recertifying Referees, then click Go To Course List
- On the next page, your host should already be pre-selected as South Carolina State Referee Committee. If it isn’t, pull down the menu and select it.
- There will be only one course option. Click Course Details on the right side.
- Next, click Proceed to Registration (if the page indicates you are not eligible to register, it is most likely due to the system not matching your new profile to your previous licenses. Click this FAQ to learn how to find your missing profiles.
- Complete payment. This payment covers both US Soccer and South Carolina registration fees and for those 18 or older, it covers your background check fee.
- After your payment is complete, you will be taken to the Course Details page. Clicking on the Assignments tab will show the assignments that need to be completed.
Once all assignments are completed, your registration will be processed within 7-10 business days and your badge(s) will be mailed.
Questions in regards to registration can either be answered via the FAQ pages linked above or an email can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org