Congratulations on making the decision to become a certified soccer referee. Those of us in South Carolina are excited to have you on the pitch very soon.
There are a number of items that must be completed (registration, online modules, webinar, field session) in order for you to become certified so please follow the instructions below as closely as possible to minimize any issues.
**IMPORTANT** US Soccer recommends using the Google Chrome browser to ensure that it’s system runs properly.
To register for this course:
1) Go to learning.ussoccer.com/referee
2) Click Sign Up in the top right corner and complete the registration form
3) Once registration is completed and you are logged in, click Courses along the top of the page, then Available Courses
4) Click Grassroots First-Time Referees, then click the red button “Go to Course List”
5) You should already have South Carolina pre-selected (if you live in Georgia or North Carolina, the system will default to one of those states). If you don’t, change the Host to South Carolina State Referee Committee. You will now see our full list of webinar offerings.
6) Select the course (webinar) that you wish to register for. Please remember that you are registering for the webinar ONLY…this registration has nothing to do with the subsequent field session.
7) Click Course Details and on the right side is the Registration box. You will complete payment of South Carolina and US Soccer registration fees.
8) On the payment page, you will be presented with two package options. The $100 option in simply the registration fees for US Soccer and South Carolina. The second package option is $155…**NEW FOR 2022-23…South Carolina has partnered with Official Sports (OSI) to offer all new grassroots officials a discounted rate on the purchase of a referee uniform starter kit. The 10-piece kit retails (with shipping) for over $80 and South Carolina’s partnership with OSI is offering this kit for only $55 shipped. Those who select to pre-purchase their starter kit will receive further information after they complete the webinar.
Once you complete registration, you should be on the Course Details page and see tabs such as Resources, Assignments, Communication. If you are not seeing this, please hover over Courses at the top of the page and then click My Courses. You can then select the appropriate course and it will take you to the Course Details page.
When you are on the Course Details page, the Assignments tab is the most important. This is where you will find the list of assignments (online modules) that must be completed in order for you to attend the webinar.
As a reminder, all online modules MUST be completed no later than 8AM on the Monday before your scheduled webinar. If you have not completed them, your registration will be transferred to an ongoing course in the Learning Center where you can still complete your modules and once you do, you will be transferred to an upcoming webinar.
If you have any questions during this process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.