If you did not recertify for 2023, please go here.
US Soccer referee 2024 recertification for South Carolina officials will be done wholly online via the US Soccer Learning Center.
Please follow the below instructions for 2024 recertification. All instructions are based on this being completed on a computer and is the recommended method. Google Chrome is the recommended browser. Users may experience unexpected errors using other methods.
- Navigate to learning.ussoccer.com/referee and sign in
- Once logged in, hover over COURSES in the top navigation bar and click AVAILABLE COURSES in the red navigation bar that pops below.
- On the left hand side, click the appropriate license that you are recertifying for. Most officials will need Grassroots Recertifying Referees. (NOTE: If you hold multiple licenses (referee, instructor, assessor, etc.) you will need to complete separate recertification for each)
- After finding your respective license, click the red GO TO COURSE LIST button
- You should now be on the list of South Carolina courses for that license. Click COURSE DETAILS next to the proper course. If you do not see what you are looking for please ensure that the filters are correct. (NOTE: The ONLY filter that should have something in it is HOST. The host should be South Carolina State Referee Committee. Every other filter should be left BLANK).
- Once in the Course Details click the red PROCEED TO REGISTRATION button.
- Following registration completion and payment, you will be on the Course Details page. Assignments for the respective course can be found on either the ASSIGNMENTS or COURSE TIMELINE page. All assignments must be completed before registration will be processed and a badge mailed.
Badges will be mailed on the following dates. The cutoff to have all assignments completed (including having a CLEARED background check) will be three days before mailing.
During the recertification process, if you encounter any issues, all users need to FIRST reference the US Soccer FAQ here. If your issue cannot be resolved via the FAQ an email should be sent to email@example.com.